Each week it takes hundreds of volunteers to make church happen. Take advantage of the many opportunities to grow spiritually through serving.
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:45
There are three easy ways to get connected to volunteer opportunities.
1. Attend the DISCOVER class. This class is designed to help you discover your God-given gifts, heart, abilities, personality and experiences that combine to determine your most fulfilling place for serving. In the class we’ll suggest places you may serve and help you connect with that specific ministry. The DISCOVER class is held the 3rd weekend monthly (Saturday at 4:30 p.m. and Sunday at 11 a.m.) in Room 110.
2. Contact Tara Acree by phone 912-629-7450 or email and let her know what opportunities interest you.
3. Complete the Volunteer Interest Form.
- Baptism Team - Assist persons being baptized.
- Blitz Ministry (6th through 8th Grade) - Work with Junior High students in a variety of discipleship, service, or small group opportunities.
- Coffee Bar Team – Prepare, serve and sell hot & cold beverages as well as miscellaneous food items at the coffee bar.
- Communion Prep Team - Prepare Communion trays for worship services.
- Communion Servers – Serve communion and take up the offering in the worship services.
Community Care Ministry – Serve in one of the many ministries that reach out to care for others in our community and church family. (A Few Good Men, Celebrate Recovery, Cornerstone, In Time of Need, Saints with Meals, Shut-In Visitation, Stephen Ministry, Unveiled)
Creation Care – A ministry focused on good stewardship of God’s creation through recycling and wise use of energy and natural resources.
- Drama Ministry – Volunteer to act or join the production teams for the summer dinner theatre, youth musical, and Christmas productions as well as short dramas used in services, conferences, and events.
- Element Ministry (9th through 12th Grade) – Work with Senior High students in a variety of discipleship, service, or small group opportunities.
- Greeters – Welcome and direct guests, hand out bulletins.
- Guest Services - Work at the information desk before, during, and after services to provide information on classes, meetings, and ministry opportunities. Greet first-time visitors, providing them a packet of information about Savannah Christian.
- Instrumental Team – Enhance the worship service by providing music during the worship services. Audition required.
- IT Support Team (Information Technology) - Computer Desktop Support, Systems Administration, and Network Infrastructure serving opportunities.
kidstreet Ministry (Birth through Pre-K) - Kidstreet has a wide-range of serving opportunities from rocking babies to leading group worship to greeting kids. (Training and curriculum are provided.)
- Nursery Small Group Leaders – Provide childcare for infants and toddlers, share Bible stories, snack, and music.
- Preschool (2s, 3s & 4s) Small Group Leaders – Supervise preschoolers during Large Group lesson, lead craft, snack, structured game, and play time.
- Division Leaders – Welcome the kids and take care of the check in/check out during drop off and pick up of the small groups.
- Large Group Leaders – Present the Bible message through drama, skits and games.
- Tech – Serve in the tech booth during the Large Group programming running lights, sound, and the computer.
- Welcome Desk – Welcome new families, assist with registration and answer questions.
- Mid-Week/Take Home Team – Assist in preparing crafts and materials for our services and special events including cutting, sorting, mailing etc.
- Lighthouse Ministry - Distribute food and clothes to those in our community in need.
- Local Outreach Ministry - Serve in one of the many ministries we partner with to reach out in our local area to spread the love of Christ through local mission work.
- Manna – Prepare and/or serve meals weekly or for a wide variety of special events.
- Manna Setup/Breakdown Team – Setup fellowship hall for Wednesday night meal and/or break down tables/chairs following the 6:30 meal.
- Medical Team - First Responder medical care and Wednesday weekly blood pressure checks.
- Office - Assist with the administrative support functions of the church.
Production Arts – Creatively utilize the arts to inspire worship.
- Audio Team - Support and encourage worship by creating and blending the sound produced in a service or event.
- Lighting Team - Responsible for the effective use of illumination during the services or events.
- Stage Team - Responsible for moving people, props or other items during services or events.
- Video Team - Edit and display images for the viewing screens.
- Elevate Ministry (Kindergarten through 5th Grade) - Elevate offers a wide-range of serving opportunities from leading a small group to helping with large group gathering to monitoring hallways. (Training and curriculum are provided.)
- Shutterbug - Photograph baptisms and special events.
- Small Groups - Help lead a small group or host a new small group in your home.
- Sports Ministry – Lead or serve in basketball, flag football and volleyball leagues. (Takes place on East Campus)
- Starting Pointe Host – Welcome Starting Pointe attendees and gather information.
- The Source – Work register, wait on customers, ring up purchases and straighten shelves in The Source bookstore.
- Traffic Team - Direct traffic in the surrounding parking areas.
- Ushers - Assist with seating of worshippers, monitor the worship service, and offer assistance in maintaining a comfortable environment.
- Vocal Team – Leads congregational singing and presents special musical elements for the worship service. Audition required.
- Worship Choir - Glorify God through the integration of music into the worship celebrations and special events at Savannah Christian as a member of the Worship Choir.
- Wherever I'm needed - Let us know if you're willing to serve wherever the need is greatest while you continue to find just the right spot to serve.